Flooring (Commercial & Industrial)
Industrial Services Group Inc. (Universal Blastco) is a quality and safety driven organization, dedicated to providing reliable flooring solutions for commercial and industrial facilities. We pride ourselves in being able to fulfill ALL of your flooring needs and requirements, no matter the product combination, quantities or location within the contiguous United States. That means you have just one contract, one subcontractor and one invoice.
Relationships, integrity and professionalism are very important to us. Our history of going above and beyond for our customers has allowed us to build many long-lasting, loyal relationships built off of mutual respect and trust.
Below are the most common flooring solutions we install. Upon request, we can also handle one off scopes for painting, (smaller projects), FRP options, and some Div. 10 specialties that can be done while on site such as restroom accessories, partitions, signage and more.
- Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT): Combining durability and aesthetics, LVT offers a wide range of design options suitable for various commercial spaces.
- Vinyl Composition Tile (VCT): A cost-effective and resilient option, perfect for high-traffic areas.
- Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP): LVP creates a timeless look of hardwood with the added benefits of low maintenance and water resistance.
- Sheet Vinyl: Creates a homogeneous seamless surface if heat welded and coved correctly. This is often used in Medical Facilities and Industrial clean rooms
- Carpet Tile and Planks: The large array of carpet shapes and patterns available allow you to create the perfect layout and look for your project. One of the biggest benefits that carpet tile and planks provide is being able to replace small areas without having to redo the entire space. It can be loosely laid, glued down or installed with a pressure sensitive adhesive.
- Broadloom: Broadloom carpet is installed in large rolls at specified widths. Most commonly it comes in 12’ rolls, but can be found in 6’6”, 13’2” and 15’ widths. It’s almost always glued down to the existing subfloor, however other installation methods are available such as double stick pad and perimeter glue install.
- Natural Stone: The timeless beauty of natural stone is undeniable. The variety of shapes, forms and fabrications available allows you to create the perfect upscale vibe. There are many options to choose from such as Granite, Marble, Slate, Onyx and more. And then, it can be manufactured to have a variety of finishes such as Honed, Polished, Semi-Polished and Natural. When considering Natural Stone, be sure to consider the annual sealing and maintenance required to keep the integrity of the stone.
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tiles: The mainstay of foyers, lobbies, restrooms, kitchens and more. Durable and plentiful, the options of ceramic and porcelain products are nearly endless and one of the most versatile options available.
- Polished Concrete: This process involves grinding existing concrete with heavy Diamond Blade Grinders. First we use a rough, aggressive grind- like a heavy grit sandpaper. Then we progressively move to finer grits with each pass to create a polished surface. Concrete polishing is generally stopped at between an 800 and 1,500 Grit polish, or a spectrum level of 2-3 to provide a nicely polished surface. The higher the diamond size, the more polished and reflective the concrete will become. Polishing can move up to 3000 grit processes and are often finished with a high speed burnishing process to really make your floor “pop”.
- Sealed Concrete: There are several types of sealers available depending on your needs. In general, however, sealers are mostly used to keep the dust levels down from concrete floors by encapsulating the open concrete pores. Sealers are also used in conjunction with the polishing process. Some sealers such as Ashford Formula and Euclid Diamond Hard actually increase their shine level the more the floor is utilized.
- Dyed Concrete: Adding a concrete dye can really create the WOW factor! There are many options, colors and patterns that you can use to enhance the beauty of your space. This process is often done in conjunction with the polishing process.
- Polymer Concrete: For heavy industrial applications, polymer concrete combines the strength and thickness of concrete, with the protecive characteristics of a coating. This leads to extended lifespan and reduced repair costs.
Industrial ceramics provide the perfect balance of performance and economy and are used throughout the manufacturing, industrial and commercial fields. They provide outstanding performance and unparalleled aesthetics for Food, Beverage, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, and Chemical Process plant flooring.
Epoxy Resins, Urethane Cements, Vinyl Esters, Novolacs, MMA’s, Furans
Industrial, manufacturing and distribution floors can be exposed to extremely destructive elements such as acids, alkalis, salts, solvents and many other corrosive chemicals. Depending on the location, usage and chemicals the floor is exposed to, the proper protective coating can be the difference between a long-term flooring solution or a constant repair project. Without the proper protective industrial floor coating in place, damage and corrosion will lead to downtime. Choosing the correct system is critical.
Sometimes a solution isn’t as simple as picking out a new flooring type. We provide the guidance to solve your flooring problems in the most severe, harsh environments. Each solution is custom the exact situation.
When it comes to commercial flooring we understand that you need both durability and functionality. We work with all flooring types such as tile, mosaic, ceramic, porcelain, glass, natural stone and more.
- Medical facilities
- Public buildings
How We Work
Choosing the right flooring solution:
We work closely with General Contractors to perform flooring installation. While we often receive architectural direction through the General Contractor, we are also able to work directly with the architects and designers. With decades of experience in commercial and industrial flooring solutions, we can also help guide you in choosing the best system.
Removal of existing floor
When needed, we can demolish and remove any existing floor coverings. We utilize advanced equipment to remove all types of flooring systems including carpet, tile, rubber, VCT, LVT, wood, epoxy, MMA and urethane mortar. This saves an enormous amount of labor time on demolition, helping to keep your job on schedule.
Leveling and screeding
Floor leveling is important for preventing bonding issues, pitching floors to drain properly and for a good walking experience. We utilize BMS Bau-Maschinen-Service AG screed pumps to deliver high quality consistent mudbed mix efficiently.
Shot blasting and grinding
Shot blasting can be a very important step in preparing the surface for a new floor. It can remove old floor coatings as well as the contaminants within the top surface layer.
Moisture testing and mitigation
Many floor coverings cannot be installed over substrates that are holding a certain level of moisture. Our team can test the substrate to determine if a moisture barrier is required.
Throughout each step of the installation process, we are committed to delivering superior results. We ensure that your flooring solution exceeds expectations both functionally and aesthetically.
Jobs of Any Size
Our commercial flooring projects range from small Walmart restrooms to entire Amazon Warehouses. On the industrial side, our flooring projects are focused on rebuilding or installing floors that can withstand the most harsh chemical environments. As a prominent player in the flooring industry, we possess the financial capacity to manage projects of any scale, backed by the necessary bonding to ensure the success of these endeavors.
As a company we are highly regarded not only by our clients, but by independent matrix systems that qualifies and quantifies who we are in the construction world. We are verified and certified by World Net, First Verify, Avetta and more. Our contractor score is rated as excellent with ratings that are around 1400. Our EMR ratings are consistently under .85 and many years are under .8. We maintain A+ insurance ratings and economical bonding rates.