New Construction of Tile Filtrate Chest
Universal Blastco was contracted by Weiland to build a new 3,500 square foot paper mulch tank for a paper mill in Michigan.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Graphic Packaging is a leading provider of packing solutions for the food and beverage industries. In 2020 they began expanding their Kalamazoo, MI facility by installing a new paperboard machine. This new machine will produce the highest quality coated recycled board product in North America. Source
ABOUT THE TANK
- Filtrate Chest
- Block exterior, tile interior and filled with cement mortar
- 17 feet tall, open top
- 3,500 sq. ft. footprint
- 6 interior compartments
- Used 4,000 blocks and 21,000 tile
- Rebar was installed by a local rebar installer.
- Manways and nozzles were set in place and welded to rebar cage.
- Tile was laid one course at a time. Concrete was then poured between the block and tile after each tile course’s mortar had cured.
- The top of the tank was then capped off. Our crew hand cut the specific tile shapes needed.
- After the walls were capped off, a sloped floor fill was poured. A tile floor and fillet was installed on the sloped floor.
- The project was completed on time, safely and passed all inspections. Our entire crew was proud of the quality work they did.